Welcome To The Realm

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It all started with a sword, mask and photoshoot

BY: Justin Donie Studios 2005



 It (Realm Komiks) all began with the picture above.  Taken by photographer, writer, author and a life coach, Justin Donie.

Justin and I met when I was a waitress. (A common job any actor or actress must take on to qualify for any roles.) Justin was a regular patron I got to know and trust and becoming friends with him was natural. We have had multiple photo shoots together, he was fun to work with and we had many visions and hobbies in common.

I had bought the above black, faux leather outfit for a Halloween costume when portraying Trinity from the Matrix one year.  A comic lover himself, Justin owned the sword and mask. We often shared our love of comics and I thought doing the shoot with the mask and sword was, excuse my language, "Bad Ass." Well, I wanted to kick ass in that out fit, I thought it was awesome. Justin sent me the above picture for my portfolio marked that he marked "Black Panther" and the wheels in my brain started turning.

Justin was moving to Seattle with his new wife and beautiful step daughter so I would be alone in undertaking this project. He gave me his blessings and encouraged me to go for it.

 My grandfather passed away and left me with much grief. I began putting a lot of my energies into my wedding, with now my ex husband, at the time and taking care of my grandma. I decided to launch Retzsch Productions, in my grandfather's honor, and then began constructing a story and characters. I decided to wait until after the wedding to go full force into pre-production.

I taught acting classes at a modeling agency and put the money I made there toward the comic book. Buying costumes, craft services (food on set),  and misc props. The beginning of Realm Komiks was in the making.

Now I just had to find a cast and crew.


Find Out More About Justin Donie by following the links below!













No comments: